Whole Body CryoTherapy
Whole Body Cryotherapy exposes the body to ultra-low temperatures (-160 to -230 degrees). The client is placed in a cryosauna unit for a short duration of 2-3 minutes. The Spa session implements innovative dry, cold therapy triggering vasoconstriction and vasodiolation stimulating the body’s natural healing processes. Upon exiting the cryosauna, the client will continue to experience the rejuvenating effects of the process and notice extended periods of enhanced ability and greater ease in achieving physical results.
Cryotherapy is known to:
- Decrease Muscle Soreness, Pain and Inflammation
- Increase Peak Fitness Performance
- Allow for Immediate Post-Therapy Sports Activity
- Circulate Nutrient Rich Oxygenated Blood
- Boosts Metabolic Rate
- Improve Muscle Strength and Joint Function
- Overall Faster Return to Athletic Training
- Decreases Injury Recovery Time
- Stimulates Body's Ability to Increase Collagen Production
- Increase Energy
Ease pain due to:
- Degenerative Disease of Joints & Spine
- Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue & Pain
- Osteo, Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Psoriasis & Dermatitis
- Athletic Injury
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Alamo City Cryotherapy Experience
To assure you have a safe and enjoyable experience, please take a look at our brief Pre & Post-Session checklist:
• Fill out our Waiver & Consent Form
•Technician will then walk you to obtain vitals
• You will be provided with fresh socks, gloves, slippers and a robe to change into.
• Before entering the Cryo Chamber, make sure you have no body condensation that will freeze when exposed to below freezing temperatures
• Make sure you do not have any piercings or jewelry exposed
• Once inside the Cryo Chamber, our technician will be in direct contact with you making sure you are OK through your 2-3 minute session
• Upon exiting the Cryo Chamber, your body will warm and you will feel refreshed and energized
• Quick change back into your clothes and you just have begun your path to rejuvenation and recovery!
What Is NormaTec®?
NormaTec® – Compression Therapy is dynamic compression devices designed to enhance blood flow and speed recovery for the arms/shoulders, lower back/hips and legs. NormaTec’s patented Sequential Pulse Technology sets it apart from any other massage compression devices by synergistically combining three distinct massage techniques—Pulsing, Gradient Hold and Distal Release—to speed the body’s recovery process.
How it works
Clients have the option of a 30 or 60-minute session. You will first experience a pre-inflate cycle, during which the connected attachments are molded to your exact body shape. The session will then begin by compressing your feet, hands, or upper quad (depending on which attachment you are using). Similar to the kneading and stroking done during a massage, each segment of the attachment will first compress in a pulsing manner and then release. This will repeat for each segment of the attachment as the compression pattern works its way up your limb.
* NormaTec® should NOT be used when you have deep vein thrombosis, an open wound, stitches, skin rash, or a broken bone or fracture that has not fully healed.
10% discount for active military, first responders, students and teachers with proper ID.
*Memberships are auto drafted monthly based on start date. No cancellation or sign-up /start-up fee. Please provide 30 day notice for any membership cancellations. If you will not be able to use your membership for a month due to travel, simply call us at least 3 days in advance so that we can put a temporary hold on your membership.
A Look Inside the NormaTec Recovery Room
Rams Recovery Room
Tony Robbins Favorite Tech: Cryotherapy
Discovery Channel story on CryoUSA and Whole Body Cryotherapy
We are proud to be a part of the Greater San Antonio community and honored to sponsor the following organizations:
Alamo City CryoTherapy is a local family owned business built on strong values and faith. We pride ourselves in providing quality service and experience to help with your wellness needs.
815 S. St. Mary’s
San Antonio, TX 78205
Hours of operation:
- Monday – Friday: 9a – 6p
- Saturday: 9a – 2p
Email us at: